What is a good sentence for hoist?
Examples of hoist in a Sentence
Verb The steel girders were hoisted into place and securely welded. The engine was hoisted out with a winch. The cargo was hoisted up onto the ship. He stopped at a bar after work to hoist a few beers with his friends.
What is the synonym of hoist?
Some common synonyms of hoist are boost, elevate, heave, lift, raise, and rear. While all these words mean “to move from a lower to a higher place or position,” hoist implies lifting something heavy especially by mechanical means.
How do you use way in a sentence?
- I will not be going to the party. …
- You needn’t know everything about him. …
- By the way, I will come to your house in a while to update my notes.
- To go for the movie will seriously damage my schedule. …
- By the way, my mother will be home for dinner tomorrow. …
- Don’t you know that he has moved on?
What is a hoist used for?
A hoist is a mechanical lifting device that can lift someone from a seated position and transfer them to another location, such as a bed, a seat or a bathtub. Some hoists can move horizontally between areas within a room or between rooms.
What does it mean to hoist the sails?
to raise a flag or sail to its highest position on a pole. Synonyms and related words. + Sailing and boating.
Can one person use a hoist?
Summary. It is possible for one person to use a ceiling hoist thanks to single-user hoist systems. Thanks to innovative equipment and hoist track components, you can move patients around by yourself and give them your full attention without having to worry about manual tasks.
What are some examples of different types of hoists?
- Overhead hoists are defined in the ANSI/ASME standards as a machinery unit that is used for vertical lifting service involving material handling of freely suspended (unguided) loads. …
- Welded Link Load Chain. …
- Hand Chain Manual Power. …
- Hook Mounted.
What’s the opposite of hoist?
What is the opposite of hoist?
|let down||let fall|
|pull down||set down|
Where do we use btw?
btw in a sentence
- In BTW, initiation only accepts someone into the first degree.
- BTW, don’t accuse me of a leftist agenda.
- BTW, Grace Murray Hopper coined the phrase ” debug “.
- The quote is, BTW, ” You are always new.
- I agree re Derry btw, its a fine looking town.
- Btw, it’s nice weather outside I think .”
What does in way of mean?
—used to indicate the type of thing that is being described, thought of, etc. His parents offered him little in the way of emotional support.
Is by the way an idiom?
Your browser does not support the audio element. “by the way” an expression used to casually introduce new information; incidentally.
Can you use a hoist without training?
never use a hoist that they have not been trained to use. always ensure that the right hoist is being used for the job — if in doubt, staff should be trained not to use the hoist but to reassess the handling operation. never exceed the safe working load of the hoist.
What can go wrong when hoisting a person?
Some of the things that can potentially go wrong during a hoisting procedure include: Selection of the wrong size sling – resulting in discomfort if the sling is too small and a risk of the person slipping through the sling if it is too large.
What is the difference between lift and hoist?
What is the difference between a hoist and a lift in construction? … In simple terms, a hoist is a construction device that typically uses a pulley system to raise objects upward while a construction lift typically includes an aerial platform maintained by a specific form of extension and fitted on a vehicle.